Monday, February 14, 2011

All a-flutter

As the B's would say, Happy Valentimes Day. The current state of my living room looks like valentine's threw up all over the place. I attribute that to too much candy. Notice how I'm talking to you instead of cleaning up that disaster. Moving on...

(I've also just noticed an onion behind the computer... I'm very confused.)

Going through my head at this very second is the following:
I wonder how to upload pictures on my blog... could I do that from my phone?
It's a little chilly in here, not that I'm complaining. It's almost 70 outside and this morning I was literally cooking I was so hot, so the A/C is up and kicking.
My dogs need a bath. And a haircut. And probably tons of other stuff that I don't want to think about right now.

(great, now my eyes are stinging because I know the onion is there. That's not cool.)

Boudreaux has basketball practice tonight. I MAY just work out while we're there. I'm not sure I'd count on that though. I AM actually working out now. I bet my Wii Fit is stunned with all the use it's been getting. Feldie and I are thinking about getting an Elliptical Machine for his birthday. I'm currently devising ways to keep the B's off of it. Buttercup tried out all the machines at Academy last weekend and got in the car and said "whew! I lost weight!" I wish it was that easy.

Last night, Buttercup had a spa night. Bug was not happy about it and decided to forgo our attempt at potty-training. *sigh* I worry some about Buttercup being the middle child. You hear all this conflicting stuff about middle-children. Feldie is the oldest in his family. I'm the youngest/only. My sisters are my half sisters and 9 and 11 years older than me. They also lived with their mom primarily. It's an interesting, though I'm sure common, dynamic. When I see them or talk to them I get to play the youngest sister role. When I don't, I act like an only child. I can happily read and not notice that there isn't anything to "do". So between Feldie and I, we have Boudreaux and Bug covered. He's been the older brother. I've been the youngest sister. But neither of us have been the middle child. So, in an effort to give Buttercup some Buttercup time, we had a spa night. We did a hot oil treatment on her antenna to try and tame the wild curls. I taught her how to wash her little face with her very own face wash. We did a sugar scrub on our hands. We put mousse in her curly antenna and very carefully dried it. Then she got a lotion massage. She was a happy B. She's decided she likes pampering, although when I told her that "pampering" meant "being taken care of" and she told me she was pampered every day because I always took care of her. She made my heart smile. Bug, however, was not pleased to not be in on the pampering. Maybe one day I'll have a spa day for her, but at 2 I'm not sure it would be appreciated for what it is. Now I want a spa day. Like a REAL one. A facial (which I've never had and I'd love to try!) and a massage (of which I've had plenty and I LOVE.) I'm not the hostage who likes pedicures, and my nails are real, so it doesn't make sense to pay for a manicure as I am capable of washing my own hands, thank you. Not that I'd turn it down. Well, the pedicure I'd turn down. As much as I like to have my feet rubbed (during my massages.) I don't like any of the other standard pedicurey things.

I've suddenly run out of things to say... That was an interesting experience. So I'm off to fold clothes. I'm down to just sheets to wash, (hooray!) but that always means more laundry is about to miraculously appear. It's like rabbits in there. It just multiplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment